Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

mid bass speakers don't work all the time

Old 09-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mid bass speakers don't work all the time

really don't know if its the wiring in the speakers or the amp. whenever they do work its sounds nice, but when they don't all u hear is the treble. it mainly works whenever i haven't used the car for a while. (like 2 or 3 days) other than that they really sound like crap. just want to see if any of u guys ever have this problem and if so, what u did. i ran a search already but i didn't really get a solution for my problem. any info would help.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:34 AM
11 Second Club

Only thing I could say is check all your wiring connections. Do the speakers have dual connections? (dual voice coil) It sounds like they must since bass is cutting in and out, but not treble. if so, you could have one set of loose wires. If nothing is loose it could be the amp or the speakers, who knows.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

Default speaker wiring

i'll mess with the speaker and amp wiring again today when i get out of work. i really don't think the speakers are blown cause when they do come on, they still sound good . but thanks for the info!

Search this Thread