Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

sony explod

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sony explod

I know everybody says they suck, but I didn't know of any other subwoofers that would match as good as these subs, plus they aren't very much money either. I'm kind of picky about my car and since it's red, I wanted red subs. I've never had a system before or hooked up an amp so I think I did a pretty good job for my first time. Right now it's hooked up with the stock head unit but maybe sometime soon I'll get something different. I just want the lights on the stereo to be red so it can match the rest of the interior lighting. Well, I just thought I'd let you guys tell me what you think and see if I actually know how to post up pictures because I've never done it before.
Attached Thumbnails sony explod-system1.jpg   sony explod-system2.jpg   sony explod-system3.jpg  
Old 09-19-2004, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice. Never heard of speaker color being the big selling point though when it comes to picking out audio equipment.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:30 AM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

Originally Posted by HavATampa
Looks nice. Never heard of speaker color being the big selling point though when it comes to picking out audio equipment.
lol true that, but whatever works. looks like a pretty good set-up, especially for your first time... hope those subs work out for ya... or that you got the extended warranty. jk.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:02 AM
TECH Regular

well, I'm not the kind of guy who puts his radio full blast, so they should last.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

that does look good. hopefully you've got a nice alarm system on it thought. it says "take me" written all over it.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

that's true, I have some mirror tint right now, but I'm going to go get some really dark tint this coming weekend...plus I live in a pretty small town so I'm not too worried.....I'll get me a better alarm though before I take any trips to houston or austin or any other big cities.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Looks good, how does it sound?
Old 09-22-2004, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

It sounds pretty good. Right now it's all bass, but what I would like to do is have the middle one have highs and the outer two have bass...not sure exactly how to do it, but I'm sure it'll be easier to do once I get a new head unit.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subs won't be used for highs, they are for the lower frequencies, you are going to want to replace the front speakers to components, witht the separate tweeter for highs, maybe even a horn tweeter, but i have no experience with horns. Get a new HU first and see how your speakers sound after that.