Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Headlight/Foglight Problem

Old 10-05-2004, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Headlight/Foglight Problem

To make a long story short, after my converter and transcooler were installed, the shop didn't tighten a line going to the coolor which resulted in transfluid in my entire engine bay, mainly the passenger side.

Fast forward two weeks...my passenger foglight stops working. I turned them on and tapped on the foglight numerous times; it turns on. Okay, that's retarded but I'll deal. Another two weeks go by, now the passenger headlight won't light up along with the foglight. I tap on the foglight...BOTH now light up. WTF. I laughed it off, now, the next two nights the headlight won't turn on, even if I give the foglight a tap, yet the fog still does turn on.

What the hell should I do, this is so damn annoying/embaressing. I bought the hawk used, but if I remember correctly it's 3yr/30,000 miles. My hawk has 28,000 miles, so I figure now is the time to use that factory warranty to my benefit. I'll deal with dealership hunting later, but if they decide not to cover it, what should I do? Obviously the lights are working, I'm guessing transfluid is just screwing with everything.

Mod..feel free to move this where it belongs, couldn't really decide.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 140 Posts

* Disconnect the bulbs and check for corrosion in the sockets. Maybe there is some trans fluid in there too. Clean them out.

* Maybe there is a loose gound. Check the wiring to the lights.

Search this Thread