Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Firebird speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Firebird speakers

I was wondering if I was correct in thinking that the speakers from Firebirds to Camaro are the exact same. I thought that the separate tweeter and speaker were the only difference in the door between the two. Camaro has a single speaker design while Firebird has separation. Can I replace my sail panel speakers then with the door speakers from a Firebird? I know that they are supposed subs in the sail panel. I didn't know if that was right since all the speakers are 6 1/2". I got a deal on two door Monsoon from a 02 Z and would also like to replace the blown sails. I want to do something just to keep the tunes coming for a while until I can map out and buy all the components I want. Thanks for the help guys!

Oh and I used the sticky up on top many times to help in my quest but have never seen this question posed. Just wanted to get the quick low down I guess.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The Firebird and Camaro subs in the sail panels aren't the same but they can be interchanged. Rumor has it that the Firebird speakers are a little better quality than the Camaro ones which might be why you here about blown Camaro speakers more often. Also, the Firebird speakers are dual voice coil so you will have to do some splicing to plug them in.