Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Please help me verify!

Old 10-24-2004, 04:58 PM
...with cheese.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me verify!

Alright, I've got a couple blown factory speakers and I'm getting a little tired of it. After reading the large limitations behind putting aftermarket pieces in the factory locations I decided just to start fresh. I'm picking up a new headunit Door speakers, tweeters, and back 6.5 speakers since I'm going with subs. I'm getting a 6-point bar that goes through the back speaker holes so there wont be anything there. I like the millhouse boxes and I plan on running 1 12" with a decent size mono amp on a subthump rack mount in the back as well. Getting down to my question... If I eliminate the factory amp and remove all the crap "12-disk" factory wiring etc, I should just be able to wire all the speakers individually to the new HU's wiring harness right? Anyone foresee any problems with that? I'm pretty sure thats how everybodies doing it, but after reading 10-15 pages of search's I'm still a little foggy. Thanks in advance guys.

Search this Thread