Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

traction control and fog light wires too short!

Old 10-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traction control and fog light wires too short!

has anybody had the problem of installing a cd player and because the cd player goes deeper into the dash the traction control and fog light wires are too short to reach the buttons? its not a big deal but really annoying.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

No but I ended up with so much room in there I can put my whole head in there and wire thing up! Oh and I ended up making the wires longer to relocate them for even more room!
Old 10-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Launching!

oh yea and the brain for my alarm is also back there... must be nice to have some room.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well no HVAC so lots of room! Well not a good place for the alarm. easyest hiden spot on a F-body is the driver kick panel! it fits nice 5screws to get to it with the door open the whole time. and a good shop would remove the 2 8mm screws that hold the steering harness and wire the back side on the harness, so when it is rebolted in you can't see the alarm wires! Just MY 0.2
Old 10-24-2004, 09:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by scifone
has anybody had the problem of installing a cd player and because the cd player goes deeper into the dash the traction control and fog light wires are too short to reach the buttons? its not a big deal but really annoying.

Can you not wrap the wires around the side of the head unit instead of going all the way around the back of it?
Old 10-24-2004, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Or mount the alarm under the plastic piece under the radio, by removing the HVAC controls and putting it in there?
Old 10-24-2004, 06:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by scifone
You should have no problem with them. Just run them up the left side of the radio. I have had 15 different radios/indash monitors in my Camaro and have never had this issue.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Launching!

tried all that... its because of the damn alarm that the wires are too short... its a mess back there. im just gonna extend the wires a bit...

Search this Thread