Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Clicking coming from passenger side dash in 2000FB.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking coming from passenger side dash in 2000FB.

My dad has a 2000Firebird. Recently his interior lights stopped working, and now when the car is running there is a clicking noise coming from the passanger side dash that occurs every 8-10 seconds. I'd appreciate any help on what this may be. Electric systems are my achilles heel, so I'm not sure what it could be. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

i turned on my de-frost and i started to hear a clicking sound, but it stops when i turn it off.. so idk that prolly dont help, and it just started today, which is lame.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have removed and rewired my whole car. With the dash off there are 2 relays on the radio side of the air bag steal case. My be able to get to them in glovebox! But the relays are for defrost and AC blower! So I would say check the BCM, remove the clips on the underdash passenger side and it is right there! The Alarm module is (I Think) right behind the radio!

How ever there are 2 more relays and stuff on the drivers under dash that control lights. As my battery was charging when I was testing wires and that clicking and lights flashing was pissing me off!
Old 11-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Thanks 2fast. We found the problem, it was just a loose relay.

Search this Thread