Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Was recommended Eclipse Point Source speakers..

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Was recommended Eclipse Point Source speakers..

A friend of mine sold his stereo shop and the guy who now owns it highly recommended I replace my blown front door monsoon speakers with these Eclipse speakers. They have separate inputs, one for the tweet, one for the sub. He really didn't like the idea of clipping wires going to a coax tweet and wiring those like that. He said $179 and they have a 3 year warranty. He didn't say $35 to install, that's pretty stupid cheap. Any opinions? He said he's never heard a better set of speakers for anywhere near that money.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stupid cheap.... LOL if you knew the cost pricing on the the 6.5's. If I remeber right it was like $90 something like $96! Sound real good for the money! If you can get your hands on some MB Quarts 6.5P at cost $246 now there is a cheap kick *** speaker set!

Not saying this to be a *** or anything but with the mark up on car audio. Check around! I had Point Source in my Camaro when it had the stock radio, I spent alot at my buddy's shop (20k+over 4-5 cars and 5years) I payed $120 installed!
Old 11-03-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

Yea, he quoted me $179 plus 35 for install. That's why I posted here since I no longer have a quality stereo shop hook up.

Quick Reply: Was recommended Eclipse Point Source speakers..