Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Oops, did i blow a fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Oops, did i blow a fuse?

I was installing a radar sensor add-on to my alarm and i was wiring it into my shock sensor in the rear passenger side thingy... I unplugged the shock sensor and wired it into the car side of the plug. This, i think, was my mistake. Now, not only does the sensor not work, but i can't remote release my trunklid and i have no gauges. is this a fuse? and if so which one? if not then how badly did i mess stuff up?
Old 11-07-2004, 02:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

i don't know. check the fuses, that's the only way to tell if you actually blew one. the other option is to wait for someone to reply that's done the same thing. i'm guessing that's not going to happen anytime soon, so i'd just start pulling each fuse and looking. this situation seems to be a little more serious than a fuse though - possibly check the relays and fuses under the hood also.

btw, i KNOW it's a pain, but from now on, when doing this type of work, unplug the negative end of the battery. the odds are about 1 in 100 (for me) to screw something up when i'm working on the electrical system, but the times i've actually screwed something up, i was really unhappy i didn't just unplug the battery.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

You have probably blown the PWR ACCY fuse in the dash fuse panel. It supplies the hatch release, power mirrors, instrument panel, radio memory and the shock sensor along with a couple of other circuits. Disconnect your new sensor first or it will just blow again since it's live at all times.

When wiring a new sensor to the shock sensor circuit you have to reverse the connection of the blue and green wires. Red is power, black is ground, but the blue and green wires on the factor harness are backwards from those that come with the DEI perimeter sensor.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Talking thank you!

thanks guys!, especially whitebird00, the amount of knowledge on this board is unbelievable . It was exactly what you knew it was, replaced the fuse and it works like a charm. now its time to get the perimeter sensor adjusted just right...