Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Possible Sticky

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation Possible Sticky

I notice there are a lot of questions on the forum that a Sticky would answer re-guarding basic automotive stereo work. I'm looking for what kind of info would people want to know. I have about 12 years worth of experience in building, designing, and competition over the years. I'm out of touch with the latest and great new stuff, but electrical and acustical physics don't change and that is where my stregnths are.

I'm thinging about basic wiring diagrams for radios and amps. Common miss-conceptions. Basic DC theory. Relay wiring. Frequency break down(what speaker goes into what band). Harmonics. Imaging(a little advanced maybe). And basic SPL theory ( how loud is it).

Any and comments welcome.

I will be taking my time to do this since I work full time in the Army. Probably would take about 1-2 weeks to complete. Alarms are my week point because I didn't install too many and stopped doing this type of work about 5 years ago. I still do stereo installs on the side and love listening to music in all it's quality.