Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Silly question on using factory CD changer

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 04:56 PM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silly question on using factory CD changer

I have a 2001 Camaro and it seems like the radio will not switch over to using the CD changer unless I put a CD into the head unit. Is this normal? It will only switch between radio presets. If I stick in a CD it will start switching between front and rear CDs just fine and continues even if I take out the front CD. This all starts over if I take out the cartridge.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:15 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Silly answer - you are pushing the AUX button to switch to the changer before using any of the control buttons, aren't you? The in-dash CD will start automatically as soon as you put a CD in, but the changer won't activate until you press the AUX button (CD/PLAY button on a Firebird).
Old 11-24-2004, 08:45 AM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Silly answer - you are pushing the AUX button to switch to the changer before using any of the control buttons, aren't you? The in-dash CD will start automatically as soon as you put a CD in, but the changer won't activate until you press the AUX button (CD/PLAY button on a Firebird).
I am doing exactly what you suggest. It works fine after I have "seeded" it with a CD in the front and take it out again but if I put in a cartridge in the rear, it won't use it until the front one has been used.

Quick Reply: Silly question on using factory CD changer