Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

04 silverado radio question

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 07:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default 04 silverado radio question

I've got a 04 silverado, with the regular sound setup, found an old amp in my garage and was going to throw it in the truck with a bass tube just to have some bass with the treble, the guy at best buy said that i couldnt wire in an amp with my factory deck because its tied in to my alarm/airbags etc. Is this true? if i hooked it up to the rear speakers for hi input, would it really mess things up? thanks. Its a sony xplod 380x1, i figure with an 8" bass tube it should sound ok.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That guys full of it. There shouldnt be any problem with doing it. I am assuming that the 03's and 04's radios are the same.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:37 AM
12 Second Truck Club

You will need a high to low converter to do this.

You should be able to use an SVEN2 and some type of 12v remtoe turn on adapater since the new trucks don't have an ignition wire off the deck anymore. We use an LVT2 when they are available.

So in essence it can be done. I don't do the installs at my work so I forget which part #s to use. If you are still stuck I can get you the exact part #s you need on Fri. if you wanna shoot me a PM.

If you wanna change out your deck, that's when things get expensive

CLASS2 databus SUCKS!!!!
Old 11-25-2004, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Alot of your vehicles components do run through the 03+ gm vehicles. But this only applies when you are REMOVING the factory stereo. When you do a Hi/low All you tag is speaker signals. In fact you can just do that at the rear 4x6" and just go behind the stereo for the remote wire.