Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring Amp help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Amp help please!!!

I want to install the amp that I have but I have no idea where the wires go from the battery towards the inside of the car. Please tell me where / how I can get the wire from the battery to the inside of the car.
My car is a 2000 camaro a 6 cylnder (yeah I know.. weak)
Would greatly appreciate some help. thanx.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

go to your local audio shop and get a 4 ga ring terminal and a side adapter for GM cars, you will then have to disconnect both the black and red terminals on the battery, cut out the screw in the red terminal and replace it with the side adapter. Then take out the screw on top of the adapter and place the 4 ga ring terminal into it then run your 4 ga power wire, but make sure you fuse it within 18" of the battery. www.fbodyaudio.com has a crap load of info and in the tech section is everything you will need to know about wiring a system. I did my whole system by myself and i only have a little bit of electrical knowledge.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:58 AM
Teching In

ok.. maybe I wasn't really clear? I'm sorry

but I have the 4 gauage with teh fuse hooked up to the battery. however I have no clue where the hole is to where it connects from the engine to the interior of the car.

So I need to know where the hole is where I can stick that 4 gauge wire into the hole so that I can go through to the inside and go all the way into my amp. So please if anyone has pics or instructions on how I can do this. please tell me would really appreciate it.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

it's below the pcm. there is a rubber grommet there. if you take out the panels from the inside of the car, in that same corner, you'll find it. it has every wire on that side of the car bunched up around it and being fed through the big huge rubber grommet. you really can't miss it. stick a hanger through the wire, and have someone from outside grab the hanger (or you can just push it through yourself). tape the 4 gauge around the hanger, and then pull the hanger back through. and the hard part is then over.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

ah gotcha, yeah listen to tuff he knows
Old 12-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Teching In

and so that is the underside of the dash board right?
And that's on the drivers or the passenger side?

and do I have to take the whole dash board off or just the little things under the dash board and where the feet go?

sorry for the dumb questions
Old 12-02-2004, 12:03 AM
12 Second Club

Just the little things under the dash where the feel go. I found that it's easier to actually pull the grommet out through the hood-side, poke your hole, route your wire, then push it back into place. To do this you have to unbolt your PCM (two bolts) and slide it out of the way until you're done.

And don't worry about what seem like dumb questions... We all ask our fair share about things we haven't done before. I probably ask more than most, hahaha