Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

would an EQ help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default would an EQ help?

Well let me start with the car is not really designed to be an audio car. It has light weight carpet with no insulation, rod end suspension, and true duals so it's not exactly "quiet" inside the car (the LS1 2K RPM drone). In fact it's actually quieter with the windows down than when they are up.

My problem is that with all the background noise some of the sound "spectrum" gets drowned out and others come through clear as ever so when I turn it up to hear "everything" some parts are WAYYYYYYYYY too strong. My thought was to put an equalizer in the dash (under my head unit) so I could bring out the "weak" parts. Ideas?

My system is a pair of Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5" components in the doors, a Panasonic head unit, a bridged Infinity Kappa 2-way in the dash (center channel), and an Alpine V12 amp.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it would help a little bit but if you really want to make it quieter inside i would recommend to dynamat the under the carpet. itll be a pain to do but i think youll be impressed with the sound deadning. but then the addition of an eq would help more to balance the sound. if you're lookin for one i have one and ill give it to you 35 shipped to your door step. pm and let me know.