Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

High End Equipment Demand

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default High End Equipment Demand

I am looking into opening an audio shop and would like some f-body opinions. We are trying to get a feel for some high end brands. I realize that this is a fairly broad question, so any input would be very appreciated.

There is already a dealer who sells JL, Alpine, Eclipse, etc. We understand that those are the more popular brands, but we feel that there are some other high end brands that are equal or better in performance and price.

One line we are looking into specifically is Diamond Audio. How do you guys feel it compares to something like the JL line (speakers, subs, etc.)? Do you think there is enough demand for high end that isn't so well-known?

Thanks for your time.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Focal is very high end, but the price reflects that. Can't really beat it tho. The last system I built used Alpine and Infinity exclusively, I think the next system will be using Eclipse/Alpine/Infinity, maybe Focal if I can find a killer deal on it. I don't stick to those brands just b/c they are popular, but b/c the sound quality and characteristics match my taste and their overall quality is second to none.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for some feedback.

So back to my other question...how does the Diamond brand compare to JL in you guys' opinion?
Old 12-12-2004, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Alpine, Infinity, Focal, JL Audio, MB Quart, Diamond Audio, Rockford Fosgate, Kicker are some of the brands that i would recommend I have been installing systems for about 6 years now and you cant really go wrong with these brands. but you all so want to carry some stuff that is like mid level because not everyone can afford the expensive stuff. for mid level i would get sony, pioneer, and kenwood. and to answer your question they are about the same some of the diamond stuff is a little cheaper.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

Brax, Sinfoni, McIntosh, Focal, Rainbow, Xtant. Just a few
Old 12-13-2004, 07:48 AM
10 Second Club

Focal, JL, Audiobahn, Rainbow, Rockford, Infinity, Kicker, ARC audio, Xtant. These are some good brands. Some are priced higher but worth it and some are bang for buck.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

dont go sony, although its a well known brand, their mobile stuff is garbage. dont sell it, youll be doing them a favor.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

DLS, CDT, Dynaudio, US Amps, Crystal, Audio Control, candence, rainbow, arc imagedynamics and like the other ones listed focal, diamond.... brax and helix are really high doller id love some of there stuff