Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Put in JVC HU with scosche directfit wiring harness, but lost all sound..

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put in JVC HU with scosche directfit wiring harness, but lost all sound..

Can anyone help me out?
I have a 2000 Z28 convertible monsoon system and changer.
I installed a new Head unit model JVC KD-S780, I bought both wiring harnesses, the one for the cars connector and the one for the back of the HU that plugs directly into the other. The new HU comes on and you can hear the monsoon amp come on because there is a little feedback noise when the HU is powered up. Once powered up, you can crank the volume up to the max and still won't even hear any noise or sound coming from any speaker.

I have already checked all fuses and everything is good. Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it please help.
thanks.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

There is a second 1 inch wide connector that plugs into the gack of the stock headuint. Tie the blue amp turn on wire of your deck into the pink wire in that smaller plug. That is the turn on wire for the monsoon amp.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
There is a second 1 inch wide connector that plugs into the gack of the stock headuint. Tie the blue amp turn on wire of your deck into the pink wire in that smaller plug. That is the turn on wire for the monsoon amp.
Would the turn on wire for my Monsoon in my 99 Formula be pink as well?