Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Installing Pioneer AVIC-N1 in 04 silverado. What do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 07:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Pioneer AVIC-N1 in 04 silverado. What do i need?

ok i dont have a bose system. im going to use stock speakers for now. what do i need? I know need a dash kit right so replaces the big stock radio. and also what wire harness so it can be a plug and play set up?

tony
Old 12-25-2004, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

do you have the rds system? if so the wiring harness for that system is like 50 bux and you have to relocate the stock headunit somewhere in the vehicle. if you dont have that than youll need a wiring harness, dash kit, antenna adapter and wire connecters if you plan on doing it yourself.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

rds? who cares? the metra guide only goes to 03 right now but i'm sure it is still the same harness. the radio has what is called a class 2 databus so you need a metra gmrc-01 adapter, 99-3301 dash kit, and a 40-gm10 antenna adapter. if you wanna go old school you can get a relocation harness but who wants to try and hide a radio somewhere in a pickup truck? your hurting for room to stash stuff as it is. the only gm cars at the moment that have to have the radio relocated are the ones with the gmlan which is just getting started in very few cars starting in 04 one of them being the malibu and i can't remember what the other one is off hand.