Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Whats your thoughts on an all alpine system??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats your thoughts on an all alpine system??

in our t/a's, subwoofers and side speakers and amps!????
thanks
Old 12-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Launching!

Unless they are sponsoring you i wouldn't do it. They make great head unit's but their speakers aren't the greatest for the money. Unless you have the cash to blow on their "Type X" line.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Frontman
Unless they are sponsoring you i wouldn't do it. They make great head unit's but their speakers aren't the greatest for the money. Unless you have the cash to blow on their "Type X" line.
What is your thoughts on memphis 6 and 1/2 coaxil speakers?
For christmas i got memphis speakers,alpine head unit, jl 12 subwoofers, and a jl audio 1200 amp!
what do you think of this set up?
thanks
Old 12-26-2004, 11:20 PM
Launching!

Never heard anything about the memphis coaxial's, maybe somebody else can comment on that. The head unit, subs, and amp are all top notch. Just be sure to get a high output alternator or a capacitor so you don't starve that amp.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

anybody else?
thanks
Old 12-30-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got 2 10" Alpine Type-R's, with a JL Audio Mono Amp and Alpine HU.... the amp is only putting out 250 Watts and the subs are rated at 1000W max, 500W rms... and let's just say I have the amp at 2/3 it's power and the subs are working at 1/3 their power ability and sometimes I can't even stand how loud they can get when I turn the subs up on the HU to 2/3 of ther power... Alpine stuff is quality and kicks some serious @$$.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

does anybody else have any input? It would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Thanks
Old 12-30-2004, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man, I would look at it like this. If Alpine is gonna sponsor you their stuff, then yeah, go for it. If not, don't shut yourself off to other options.

I don't have enought experience to tell you which brands are better, but I know there is not one company that makes the best of everything.

I would just look around, listen to as many different manufacturer's stuff as you can, preferably in a car, not those listening rooms at the local stereo shop. Find what sounds good, TO YOU. If it's all Alpine, then go all Alpine. You might like (Just for example!) a Pioneer HU (My choice, BTW) with a Audiobahn amp and Alpine subs and Planet Audio Co-Ax's...

I guess the point of this is don't limit your setup to one company, unless they are sponsoring or otherwise supporting you.

Taco
Old 12-30-2004, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

IMO, you do get a couple extra points on your setup for all matching brands. Not a whole lot, but it's cool to see. Amps are the biggest thing. My personal pet peeve. Your amps MUST match. Alpine makes good stuff and I wouldn't dog on someone in the least if he/she had an all Alpine system. The Type-X line is truely bada$$, but hella pricey. The Type-R subwoofers are damn good for the price. (frontman) Can't really say the same for their components, but they're not crap either.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have seen alot of alpine flip out tv units with motors burned. the tv stays in the dash and does not come out, or it will come out but u have to manually move it to open up.