Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Milhouse Boxes Logos

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Milhouse Boxes Logos

I just recently saw on subthump.com their milhouse boxes. I liked how they added the firechicken logo or the SS logo on thier milhouse boxes. It gave me the idea of wanting to change my cargo cover to just that. However, I'm not going to be using the milhouse box idea, but going stealth box in the drivers side for my sub. I asked one of the guys on the site, if I could order one with just the cargo cover only, no box. Unfortunately, they don't do things like that since they're low on logos.

My question is, does any one do this or know someone who can? I just want a custom cargo cover with the flaming bird on it. Thanks
Old 12-29-2004, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I actually made something simliar to what you're wanting a couple of years ago. It was 1/4" or so MDF and cutout the firebird logo on it with slits on teh sides to allow sub sound to go inside the car. It was teh 93-97 Firebird, which was way more detailed than the 98-up ones. Just jigsaw'd it out, took alot of time though. Came out really good IMO. I'll take a pic of it if you want, I never used it just cutout it out with the intent on using it. Never could figure out the best way to cover other than laying fiberglass over it and painting.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds good man. Let me see the picture.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here it is, LMK what you think

Name:  HatchLidCutout.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  75.5 KB
Old 12-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Just wait a while. I asked them for the same thing a while back and they said no problem. I think they said like $50 or something about that.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Frontman; You think you could follow up on that? Yeah i was assuming it would be around that price, not bad for something custom like that. I asked recently, but I think the guy named steve said that they were in short supply and couldn't make logos only. I dont know, if he said it's coo to sell you one, you think you could ask if he could make one more?

infiniteReality: Looks real clean man. How'd you do it? Just etched out the bird or what? Looks coo. Haha too bad my carpet is charcoal grey, the tan bird would look odd. Haha. real good work though man, you really got the chicken to look coo.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2001FireBird
Frontman; You think you could follow up on that? Yeah i was assuming it would be around that price, not bad for something custom like that. I asked recently, but I think the guy named steve said that they were in short supply and couldn't make logos only. I dont know, if he said it's coo to sell you one, you think you could ask if he could make one more?

infiniteReality: Looks real clean man. How'd you do it? Just etched out the bird or what? Looks coo. Haha too bad my carpet is charcoal grey, the tan bird would look odd. Haha. real good work though man, you really got the chicken to look coo.
Thanks! It's just bare wood now and my old car had light gray interior. I keep wanting to still use it and play with some 'glass a little too. Who knows... I actually measured the cargo lid, drew it in CAD along with the bird and the little slits and made it all even and such. Then plotted it out at work, taped it on some 1/4" MDF and went to town with a jigsaw.