Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Remote start keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Remote start keyless entry

I installed a remote starter with keyless entry. My truck had a factory keyless entry system that would arm the alarm when you hit the lock button twice on the key fob, also the horn would beep to let you know it's armed/locked. My question is how do I get the remote start/keyless entry to do that, so I do not have to use the stock key fob to arm the alarm? I have the lock/unlock pulse hooked up inside the door just after the switch. Do I need to move this to the BCM to solve my problem? Also, does the factory double pulse unlock (key fob) work off of the one wire at the BCM? Please help, this has been driving me nuts for days. Oh yeah, 2002 GMC Seirra 1500.

This is for a buddy of mine, so please don't PM me, just reply to the post.

Thanks,
Dennis
Old 01-05-2005, 08:12 AM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most aftermarket alarms have a feature adjust ability that can allow to set the number and duration of pulses on the lock/unlock wires. Use the installation guide for the alarm to use the programming features and set it to double pulse. Might help you out.