Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

need more FM channels from factory stereo??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question need more FM channels from factory stereo??

hi,
i shipped my car overseas and over there they have different FM channel numbers, my stereo has odd numbered FM channels like xxx.1, xxx.3, xxx.5 and so on, but over there they have even numbered FM channels, like xxx.2, xxx.4 and so on, so how do i get my steoro to get more channels so i can listen to the radio overthere? or do i have to get a new stereo setup?
thanks
Old 01-08-2005, 10:04 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently there are some stereos which come with modes that can make them receive stations on strange increments better http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QcyL5gr...ech/kb238.html

Looking at a 1999 manual though, it sounds like the factory stereo does not have this kind of option.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

What about the export editions of the f-body? Their radios must be able to receive those stations.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:34 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VIP1
What about the export editions of the f-body? Their radios must be able to receive those stations.
I'd be surprised if they didn't , but they probably use a different model... there are a few members on here in Germany and such, maybe ask one of them to compare stereos. This guy already has the US system in his car, though.