Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

stealthbox with 10w3v2

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Default stealthbox with 10w3v2

hey, im a complete idiot when it comes to audio stuff and know nothing, but i've been trying to read up on stuff and figure out what to do as far as more bass. I'm thinking the subthump stealthbox with the JL audio 10w3v2, but im not sure what amp. Everyone talks about the 250/1 jl audio, but at some point i want to get the passenger side stealthbox too. would the 500/1 amp work and run the one sub for now and then when i get the other sub be able to run both? or can you even run a single channel amp to two subs? i'm sorry these are probly elementry questions.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ohms rating of the speakers is what matters. JL audio speakers come in all sizes of ohms: 8, 6, 4 or 2. And dual voice coil. It is worth it to pay an installer if you don't want to learn about this, but it isn't too hard. If you want to scare the neighbors get the 500 watt amp. Otherwise the 250 watt amp will be loud but it will distort before it harms your ears. I have a single JL 10w3v2 dual voice coil, 6 ohm wired in parallel, so it has about a 2.5 ohm impedamce to 2 bridged channels of an Audiobahn 4x50 watt amp, in a 1.1 cubic foot box, which moves the hatch up and down in time to the bass.