Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bazooka install

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bazooka install

I have an 8 inch active Bazooka that I want to install in the rear "tub" area. I've had this Bazooka installed in two cars prior so I know I need to secure the straps to something solid. I want to screw them to the floor in that tub area, but I'm afraid to because of the proximity of the gas tank. Has anyone had any experiece in doing that? Is there room between the floor and the tank?

Also, Where on the passenger side firewall can I run my power through to the engine bay? Surely there's a hole there somewhere. Any help would be appreciated with these two questions. Thanks!

Rob
Old 01-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Somebody, anybody, please help. No one knows whether I can safely drill into the tub floor or where I can go through the passenger firewall???
Old 01-11-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

on the pass side, down behind the pcm there is a big ol' grommet you can pass wire through.

there is some room between the sheetmetal and the tank, i'd say at the MOST you got a half inch. if you are talking about the well, where the t-tops would fasten, you dont have to worry about the tank. the tank is right under the flat area behind the seats.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Teching In

REALLY?! Yep I'm talking about the area at the very rear of the hatch - the very deep space. My SS is a hardtop so I didn't know if that's where the t-tops were supposed to go or not. So you're saying that the gas tank is not under that, but under the raised area toward the front of the car from there. Cool - thanks so much. For some reason, I thought that's where the muffler was at. Armed with that info, I'll give it a whirl...
Old 01-11-2005, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

yea, the gas tank isnt under the real deap space, thats approximately where your muffler is.

that being said, you might wanna feel around underneath from the outside to make sure you wont be drilling into your muffler. i dont know exactly where the muffler is located in relation to the well area, but it wouldnt hurt to check before possibly drilling a hole in something that you werent expecting to.