Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Swapable system?

Old 01-12-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Swapable system?

I have been wanting to upgrade the stereo in my cars for awhile, recently I came up with an idea of putting together a system that could be easily interchanged between both vehicles. I see it both pointless and cost inneffective to buy two since I can only drive one at a time. I thought of running the wiring through each vehicle so that all i would have to do is plug and play with the sub and amp allowing me to use the same " system" for each vehicle. I was thinking of using a Subthump passenger side stealthbox with a Kicker Solobaric L5 along with an Xplod XM-2200GTX amp. All other speakers are and will remain stock until they blow, so that isn't an issue. However, I am having trouble trying to find a way to secure the amp/sub combo while still allowing it to be quickly and easily removeable.

Really, I am just looking for any comments/thoughts/ideas as to how I can "temporarily" mount the equipment and/or what you think of the idea in general. Thx for reading
Old 01-13-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

you could get a subthump milhouse box for a single 10 or 12 and mount the amp on the non-speaker side. that would by far be the easiest solution.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Or maybe the powered(built in amp) MTX thunderform.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1 coupe, 1 convertible, so i cant use the millhouse on the flap since it doesn't exist on Verts. Also, MTX Thunderform is driver side only from what I can find, not to mention more expensive than Subthump's alternative. Again I can't use this in the Vert because of the location of the top's hydraulic pump. Any other thoughts anyone?
Old 01-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mount an amp to the back of a truck box, 1 unit with 2 power, 1 ground, 2 rca's, cap with quick connects to plug back and forth.

Search this Thread