Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Custom Sub box?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Sub box?

I've got a delema: I recently had a new head unit/touch screen put in my car, along w/ DVD nav, Sirius...anyways, I also have a 10" Kenwood excelon sub and a 5 channel amp (no box). I was going to use one of those stealth boxes to put the sub in. At the time of the install (sans sub..since they didn't have the box I wanted in) they put everything in, replaced a couple speakers... ran all this throught the factory monsoon amp. I didn't have the box available to me, nor did I have the time to wait on one to come in (I was having this install done where my parents live, not where I now live). So anyways, to make this simple.. all of this:

is in where the stealth box would have gone. I need another option for the sub box. I have seen some boxes put in the upper section of the hatch (ie. right behind the rear seats). Are these all custom that I've seen or are there ones you can order? I've looked on Ebay and on here ..not found anything useful.

I don't want my ttop storage interfered with, as well... I will have the amp and a 5.1 decoder installed through it all properly when the sub is finally put in.
*I have all the parts except the box.. this is part of the problem. I'm trying to find space for all of this...
Old 04-18-2005, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

There are some prtty cool ideas for boxes on www.subthump.com There is a box called a millhouse box that will hold a sub or two depending on what configuration you want and hold in where the rear cover hatch for the cargo bay is. The best thing is everything stays hidden and you still retain your deepwell area. Hope this helps!
Old 04-19-2005, 01:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say relocate the Stacked Sandwich and add the Stealth box if you want it somewhat hidden and you like a fair amount of bass.

If you want Alot of Bass, you would want this type. http://www.subthump.com/acamarottop.htm

I think you are saying you want to retain the storage area and not just a spot to put your T-Tops. My recommondation is this:

Put you Processors here: http://www.subthump.com/acamarorack.htm

And get the stealth box with a 10" in it. http://www.subthump.com/acamarostealth.htm

If you are set on the flat uper area; it is a simple box to build, but doesn't offer much depth an isn't really hidden. I don't recall any pre-mades for this area.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Launching!

wow thanks!! I think one of those will be perfect! That millhouse looks good... kinda weary about that ttop box, though I'll look and see what others have to say about it.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i got the millhouse box with 2 10s, love it but had to get some straps to keep it in place...when i would floor it sometimes the box would slide back
Old 04-21-2005, 07:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

We actually have quite a few choices for our cars
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....27&postcount=9
Old 04-21-2005, 07:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by peterlawl84
i got the millhouse box with 2 10s, love it but had to get some straps to keep it in place...when i would floor it sometimes the box would slide back
how does the milhouse slide back? Isn't it snapped into where the 'normal' privicy cover would be?
Old 04-21-2005, 02:46 PM
TECH Junkie

another option is a stealtbox on the passenger side from subthump. the millhouse does go where the privacy cover is.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea it does snap in there but because of the weight of the box and subs and the amount of torque on my car, it flew back a few times...never did it when the car was stock though, but i love the box and have had several compliments on it, its also nice because i can flip the box to hide the subs if i dont want anyone to see them just like the normal privacy cover. i also got the amp rack but had to be a new amp because my old one was too tall and interfered with the box when i tried to flip it
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/peterlawl/my_photos
theres a pic of the subs in the folder named spinners...now i have the wires running under the carpet so you dont see them though
Old 04-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Launching!

not bad I like... I really do think I'll get the Milhouse, It looks like the most simple route for me to go the way my car is set up right now.

Quick Reply: Custom Sub box?