Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Trying to build new system,HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to build new system,HELP!

I have a 99 Chevy SS with a tape deck and a CD changer monsoon option. I want to replace all the factory speakers with aftermarket ones and already bought a stealthbox as well. I want to keep the stock tape deck and I'm planning on hooking up two amps,one for the bass and one for the mids and highs to the tape deck. Is this do-able. I was on the crutchfield website and on some tech notes that it had for my car it said that " If you replace speakers in this location the new speakers will only produce bass. To get full range sound you will need to replace the factory radio with an aftermarket radio AND bypass the factory amp." It said this about the front and rear passenger seat speakers. Could anyone explain all this to me and let me know how I could set-up my system the way I just described, thanks in advance.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by estrda1
I have a 99 Chevy SS with a tape deck and a CD changer monsoon option. I want to replace all the factory speakers with aftermarket ones and already bought a stealthbox as well. I want to keep the stock tape deck and I'm planning on hooking up two amps,one for the bass and one for the mids and highs to the tape deck. Is this do-able. I was on the crutchfield website and on some tech notes that it had for my car it said that " If you replace speakers in this location the new speakers will only produce bass. To get full range sound you will need to replace the factory radio with an aftermarket radio AND bypass the factory amp." It said this about the front and rear passenger seat speakers. Could anyone explain all this to me and let me know how I could set-up my system the way I just described, thanks in advance.
First off, before anyone else says something...Have you read the sticky at the top of the forum?
If not click here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/303776-frequently-asked-questions.html

On that note, You can just bypass the amp on the monsoon system. From reading your thread, sounds like you are already panning on doing this.
If you are going to put in 2 amps (sub and high end), here is the pin out for the monsoon amp for the stock speakers, comes in handy so you don't have to run alot of wiring.
http://www.houston-f-body.org/tech/monsoon/index.htm