Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alarm/Keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm/Keyless entry

I recently bought a 1994 Z28 and it did not come with the remote. I am having a problem with the factory alarm. The light will blink slowly when it is sitting or while I am driving it. The alarm can go off for no reason, and today I hit the power door lock and it turned it off. The light now quit blinking and I manually locked the doors and shut them. Does this mean that I disarmed the alarm?

THEFT DETERRENT ARMING METHOD

To change this setting...
1) Press the UNLOCK switch on the door.
2) Count the number of chimes
3) Press the UNLOCK switch on the door until you are in the mode you want.

MODE 1 Alarm System Off (System will not arm)
MODE 2 Remote Keyless Entry Transmitter Lock (When you lock the doors using the remote, the system will arm itself)
MODE 3 Remote Keyless Entry Transmitter/Power Door Lock Switch (If you use the remote or the popwer door lock switch to lock the doors, the system will arm)
MODE 4 Passive Arming and Remote Keyless Entry Transmitter/Power Door Lock Switch Arming (The system will arm itself after all doors are closed plus arming per MODE 3)
Can I do the above method without the Lock Remote?
Old 08-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Yes you can use that method without having a remote but I'm not sure if that method works with a 94. If I'm not mistaken that is from the LS1 model (98-up) F-body owners manual.

Why not buy yourself a remote and program it to your car?
Old 08-30-2005, 09:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will buy a remote soon for my car. I was just hoping to use a temporary solution until I can get one.