Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Foglights in 98 Camaro, didn't come with that!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foglights in 98 Camaro, didn't come with that!

I bought some OEM foglights because they would be easy to mount. My car didn't come with that option. The seller gave me the switch and mounting brackets also. Now I'm thinking....is there any way to add the foglights without running my own wires? That is, do all these cars come wth the necessary wires, relays, ect. to just install it?

1. The wires to the foglight switch are there. Mounted in the center trim is a small plastic holder that just keeps the foglight switch plug from floating around. I can easily plug the switch in.
2. The mounting brackets are on the car already. I can easily mount them.
3. But, I don't see the wiring harness for the foglights. If your car came with foglights where does the wiring disappear into? That is, where does it go? It might help me look for the plugs if there are any. Or, is there some funky harness that ties into the regular lights (like a Y plug?)

Has anyone installed OEM foglights on a Camaro (98-02) that didn't come with them? Is there a way to make it all stock?

1998 Camaro Z28, Automatic, V8, 5.7L, Coupe.