Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon Display

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 03:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bring it up again. 5 years later and this really helped; just did it on mine. Only did a reflow and it fixed it. Thanks to the OP!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this thread is old, but the problem with the display is still valid. I had to replace the bulb and couldn't believe the price that the suggested supplier was charging. So I did some research. The GM part number for the bulb is 16208443. You can check the price yourself and find it MUCH cheaper. But I went further and found an authorized GM radio service center who sold it to me for just under $2.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Best thread ever. It keeps on giving and giving. Just re-soldered the display leads and chip and the display is back and clear again!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK not to bring up another time. but I am getting ready to resolder mine. Do you have to do anything with the theft loc before you take it out
????
Old 04-27-2017, 09:42 AM
Teching In

This is an old thread, but my Monsoon every once in a while does not respond to either the unit controls or the steering wheel controls. Since the car is a convert and I live in Florida (where the weather is hot and the sun even hotter), I think I have to go in and check the circuit board(s) for cold solder.

It's only an intermittent problem and goes away most of the time. It does not happen when I start up in the morning, only when it's been on for awhile.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:55 AM
Teching In

I think the problem was an iphone bracket that I was using. It was one of those that mounted into the CD drive. When the "problem" occurred, I removed the bracket and voila, the problem went away. It went away when I took the iphone off the bracket.

As best I can deduce, the weight of the iphone/bracket combination caused a downward pressure on the front radio panel, distorting something behind the panel.

Long story short, time will tell.

Quick Reply: Monsoon Display