Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

tweeters...?

Old 10-11-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tweeters...?

I want to know what is a good set of tweeters to replace in my t/a. I want the tweeter sound that sts sts sts sts you know. I dont want to replace the mids just the tweeters .And how many tweeters does the car have. Info...
Old 10-11-2005, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

find some mb quart tweeters.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you like bright/titanium.....MBQ's baby!

Many ppl prefer silk dome tweets, but all according to your tastes/budget
The 2002 10-speaker Monsoon system has (2) sets:

(1) in far rear hatch area (comp set)
(1) in door panels (comp set)
Old 10-14-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not much of a speakers person but so what does MBQ stands for? And where can I get them from?
Old 10-14-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MB Quarts. They make very "bright" tweeters that have the capability to reproduce extremely strong treble. JBL is also a cheaper alternative, and would definitely use your factory power for all it's worth.

For a drop-in replacement, you are looking for a 4 ohm tweeter. Given you description, you should probably favor hard metal domes like MB Quart and JBL's. Cloth or silk domes like Polks and so forth tend to be smoother but not as bright.

In all honesty, if you are using your factory h/u+amp setup... you'd probably be best off buying a decent aftermarket co-axial, and simply modding them to bi-wire to the tweeter and woofer. See the write up about Alpines.

Don't get me wrong, just buying a component tweeter will work - but they are pricey. A good quality co-axial will take advantage of everything the factory power has to offer, and if you wire them properly they will be plenty bright. My point is that for likely less than the cost of just a tweeter upgrade, you could get both a mid and tweeter upgrade that is better overall that are still above your factory power levels.

Last edited by todddchi; 10-14-2005 at 12:24 PM.

Search this Thread