Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

False floor under TTop storage.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default False floor under TTop storage.

anyone built a false floor under the ttop storage to hide/place an amplifier?

then placed the ttop storage back on top of it problem free? i am looking into it just worried about possible issues with clearance of the ttops and the hatch..
Old 11-02-2005, 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

This would be the best place to mount an amp....the only problem is you're never going to get the t-tops back in. That's what sucks. Finding good places to mount amps in these cars is a lost cause. You could do what everyone else does and mount them on the rear deck, but if you're anything like me, you're sick to death of that. Good luck, and if you find somethign out be sure to let me know!

T
Old 11-02-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Resident

i will...i am thinking that if you mount an amp in the TTop sotrage area, then build a floor over it and then put the TTOP storage plastics in backwards it may angle the ttops towrad the fron of the car and then just might work...i will have to look into it.

i will let you guys know

Thanks
Louie
Old 11-02-2005, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

If you're looking for a stealth install and depending on how big your amp is, you may be able to install it on the passenger side where the old monsoon amp and jack is. If not, I've installed amps under my seats before but never in an F-body, so I'm not sure if they'll fit (never looked).
Old 11-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Well, I seem to remember seeing someone that did something insanely trick.

He took some ebony wood, and stained it black, came out nice. Then he sanded it and routed it, w/e till it fit in the groves in the flap that flaps down over your t-tops while they are in the back, and then he mounted his amps underneath that piece, totally stealth. he screwed into the ebony wood from the back.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

I removed my spare tire and used some left over wood and carpet and mounted my capacitor and amp to it. Been there for almost 2 years and zero problems. I really don't want anyone seeing my amp anyway, so works good. I was thinking about making a shelf where the disc changer used to be and mounting both there.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Resident

ok well after a little consideration i think that i have decided to build a 90 degree triangular box and have the short end 7 inches high and butted up against the rear seat. then have it slope down to 16 inches back from the seat, and the top side will be 17.5 inches.

I will mount the amp inside the box and then cover it with carpet.

I will also most likely leave teh bottom out of the box, so it will be more like a cover.

i feel that the rear TTOP storage area cover will still fold back and i will still have full functionallity over just about all of the vreature comforts in my car...

Let me know what you think.

Louie
Old 11-03-2005, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rotwiler
I removed my spare tire and used some left over wood and carpet and mounted my capacitor and amp to it. Been there for almost 2 years and zero problems. I really don't want anyone seeing my amp anyway, so works good. I was thinking about making a shelf where the disc changer used to be and mounting both there.
I souble stacked a JL 500 slash and a 300 slash in my spare spot.
-JC
Old 11-03-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

Hey buddy....do you have pictures of that....as that is pretty much exactly what i'm trying to do....any pics would be awesome!
Old 11-03-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm afraid not. That was a long time ago. I do have those two amps stacked the the rear left corner of the trunk in my Z06..
-JC
Old 11-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

i dont know what you have for a sub box but i have 2800 watt audiobahn amp where my t-top holders used to be (which takes up the floor space)but i bought the t-top sub box from sub thump and it works great.subs hit like a bitch and hold my t-tops in place with no problem.i have 2 tens in the back.just a thought.