Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

ordered CDT HD-62 for the front comps..

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ordered CDT HD-62 for the front comps..

cant wait to get them in
will be pushed by a phoenix gold 200.2 xenon amp, should SCREAM with ~200wrms to each side. hope i'm happy with them...but from everyone i've talked to about them, i should be more than happy
http://cdtaudio.com/hd42_cdt4.htm

should be here by thurs or friday, but wont be able to put them in till i get my HU http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....rod_id=1455372
Old 11-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

curious why you're giving them so much power... if you seal them up, you'll get some nasty resonance peaks, but they are a good set. what/where are you planning to use them for?
Old 11-08-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what do you mean "seal them up"? theyll be in the doors, in the stock locations.
ill be sound deadening the doors.
i'm not necesarily going to be giving them 200watts, but the amp is capable. probably 150wrms, which should be well within their ability.

and what is a 'resonance peak'? excuse my ignorance.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02blackws679ta
what do you mean "seal them up"? theyll be in the doors, in the stock locations.
ill be sound deadening the doors.
i'm not necesarily going to be giving them 200watts, but the amp is capable. probably 150wrms, which should be well within their ability.

and what is a 'resonance peak'? excuse my ignorance.
well, headroom is always nice
deadening is a great idea. by seal them up, i mean actually build some form of an enclosure for the speakers, whether it be with kick pods or doing an enclosure in the door.
since you're doing it in the doors, you should have fairly smooth response from your set. make sure that you seal the doors themselves (can't remember how the TA doors are mounted but i think it uses c-clips to hold the panel on which can leave leaks causing for odd peaks in response). you can seal them up simply by deadening the door so that the deadening seals the door for you.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Punk0Rama
well, headroom is always nice
deadening is a great idea. by seal them up, i mean actually build some form of an enclosure for the speakers, whether it be with kick pods or doing an enclosure in the door.
since you're doing it in the doors, you should have fairly smooth response from your set. make sure that you seal the doors themselves (can't remember how the TA doors are mounted but i think it uses c-clips to hold the panel on which can leave leaks causing for odd peaks in response). you can seal them up simply by deadening the door so that the deadening seals the door for you.
yeah, deffinitely not building any kickpods or anything.
i'm hoping i can get the damn door panels off with out much trouble and get them deadened pretty well. i have no idea how many sq ft of deadener i would need for both doors though.

thanks for the advice
Old 11-12-2005, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

You're going to love those speaks, guaranteed. And you'll be glad to have the power - headroom is good. Just have your gains lower than you otherwise might and be careful tuning and with the volume. Excellent set though, seriously. Deadening will help ton, especially the midbass. And those speakers are designed for IB so don't bother trying to build an enclosure. What do you have for your substage?
Old 11-12-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

w00t. thats what i like to hear
i finally got them in the mail last night, only thing is they sent the 480 xovers instead of the 560, so hopefully they'll get the right ones shipped on monday.

i've got a phoenix gold tantrum 500.2 pushing a jl 10W6. lots of extra power there also. the sub sound good but it like, bottoms out or whatever if i turn it up too much, well during certain songs anyway. but its in the driver's side stealth box, so a very small enclosure and not many sub options i guess
Old 11-13-2005, 02:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Better to have too much power then not enough power
You can always turn the gain down.
Good luck with the setup