Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need tweeter info

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need tweeter info

I searched but did not find exactly what I was looking for.

I am trying to find out more information about replacing the tweeter in a 99 TA. I know how, I have read all the tutorials, but I don't know what size, or which ones will fit. Does anyone have more info on what I can replace them with, or how they would fit in the stock location? I will be installing a completley new system (no monsoon left!)

I already have the component 6.5's and corssovers from an alpine set from my last vehicle, but I suffered a casualty of the tweeters on the removal. I am buying new ones to replace these but don't know what to look for that will fit in the stock location/mounting situation. I dont have the tools/space/ungrumpy neighbors to disect my car in the parking lot of my condo association and peek in to see what I can arrange so any help would be great.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

i have a 98 Z28, but i am using T\A door panels, and i run mb quart series components, and i know the 1" will fit,,, but as for a maximum, or factory size couldn't tell ya,, it's a stratforward swap from what i c tho, i'm actually in the process of doing mine, as of saturday i'll be done, minus my dash speakers,,, but ya 1" should fit,,,,
Old 11-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98LSI
i have a 98 Z28, but i am using T\A door panels, and i run mb quart series components, and i know the 1" will fit,,, but as for a maximum, or factory size couldn't tell ya,, it's a stratforward swap from what i c tho, i'm actually in the process of doing mine, as of saturday i'll be done, minus my dash speakers,,, but ya 1" should fit,,,,

Thanks for the info. Did the tweeter clip in the stock spot, or is it just loose in there?

Anyone else have any info on what fits in the stock spot?