Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problems with tail lights............LED's

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problems with tail lights............LED's

I 've got all LED's in my Camaro and I noticed the other night, when my Dad drove it, that my third brake light was lit like a regular tail light. It still functions like the rest of the tail/brake lights. It should only be on when the brakes are applied. Would my LED's have anything to do with this (like current draw?) Also, when my car is running during the day, my tail lights are lit very dimmly. Almost like a DRL in the rear. Anyone ever have problems like this with LED's? I do have electronic flashers. Any help would be great!!

Joe
Old 11-16-2005, 08:16 PM

do you have the right type bulb? i dont 100% understand what you are asking though..
Old 11-17-2005, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

He wants to know why his third brake light is illuminated when he is not stepping on the brake.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Eric is correct. I'm not sure if the LED's are causing some voltage/current problems. I do have the correct bulbs in the lights. At night, with my lights on, my third brake light is lit like a regular tail lamp and get's brighter when I apply the brakes.(Just like a tail/brake lamp would work) Also, I have my tail lights lit when my lights are off and the car running. Just the inside lamps, not the outer 194's. It's bugging me.