Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Installing remote starter, quick question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 07:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing remote starter, quick question?

I'm going to stick a remote starter in my '00 Silverado and I was wondering if I needed a security bypass module. I don't even think this truck has any kind of security. It's a no option truck and I get no security light in my message center like you do in a regular GM truck. I know when I tore apart the BCM in my stripper Camaro there was no security running through it. Any thoughs? Firgured I get a faster responce here than the truck site.

Andrew
Old 11-23-2005, 10:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do have passlock II to bypass...556LW DEI
Old 11-23-2005, 12:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Macon
You do have passlock II to bypass...556LW DEI
Damn it, I was hoping that I wouldn't have to deal with that. I though Pass Lock II was chip key set ups? The PN I was told is DEI 555L, hopefully that will work.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Damn it, I was hoping that I wouldn't have to deal with that. I though Pass Lock II was chip key set ups? The PN I was told is DEI 555L, hopefully that will work.
I'll tell you i'm no expert here...Yep it is an imobilzer bypass. I know when sales guys sell alarms they use the Directed install guides...that's where I got the info. I'm aware that you can sub out modules...a 555L may work fine. I may have misunderstood what you were looking for. PM me if you don't get an answer and friday i'll showm my lead alarm guru!!
- Macon

PS - My job is fixing blown amps etc...i'm not an installer!!
Old 11-24-2005, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Yep, I just read all about the Pass Lock set up. It looks like the 555L does cover 99-05 pick ups. It's alot easier of a hook up than I thought, only one wire to the BCM, one power, and two grounds.