Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Guage Hook up

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guage Hook up

I have my fuel pressure, N20, and Air/Fuel guage hooked up. Only problem is I don't know hwo to hook up the electricals for the lights on the N20 and the fuel pressure guage. Can someone please walk me through it. Pictures would be helpful also. They are on the A-Pillar, so they have to connect to wires in that area.. thanks

Justin
Old 11-23-2005, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

hey, not sure about how much help i can be,,,, but i know you probably wanna hook those up to the power wires for your headlights, either so they come on automatically with the rest of the lights, or from the switch right there on the same side, if u wanna run it off that switch,, take the panel off, and get a light/circuit tester and ground it,,, hook it up to the wires seperatly and with wire turn on your lights, once it lights up, you have found your power,, and then just splice your wires, and tada you have light, on and don't forget to ground your gauges,,,

it's not the best write up, but that's how i would do it lol
Old 11-23-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would look for the power going to either the radio display , or ash tray. If you tie into one of these you will be able to dim the light as well, off of the dimmer. Vs having gauge lights on full bright all the time.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull the headlight dimmer switch and connect a test light to each wire as you dim the switch. I forget what color it is but it's easy to tap into. The problem I had is I wired 3 gauges in parallel to the same source and the last gauge in line the light is a little dimmer than the first gauge. :dunno:
Old 11-23-2005, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

I wired it up and they worked.. but my tailights and speedo, radio, etc lights wouldn't work.. I guess I have to try wiring them to diff wires tom..
Ohh well