Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

long list of audio issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default long list of audio issues

alright well the speakers in my sail panel blew so i got them replaced by a shop but I dont think they are 2ohm so i do not get high bass levels it gets distorted at 3/4 volume. I am planning on buying a new headunit to replace the monsoon unit. I wanted to know if i should just buy a new amp to power all the speakers in the car and say screw the monsoon amp. If i do this will i get the bass power back in the sail panel? The speaker comes from a mustang but i dont know the name of it. After i do this I plan on getting a mono amp and 2 10" subs for the hatch.. I just wanted to know if I will get the sound I desire if i get the new amp and will i have 2 rewire the entire car because i still have stock speakers in the door and i planned on leaving them for now? what should I do much help would be very appreciated.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98FoRmULa_BiRd
alright well the speakers in my sail panel blew so i got them replaced by a shop but I dont think they are 2ohm so i do not get high bass levels it gets distorted at 3/4 volume. I am planning on buying a new headunit to replace the monsoon unit. I wanted to know if i should just buy a new amp to power all the speakers in the car and say screw the monsoon amp. If i do this will i get the bass power back in the sail panel? The speaker comes from a mustang but i dont know the name of it. After i do this I plan on getting a mono amp and 2 10" subs for the hatch.. I just wanted to know if I will get the sound I desire if i get the new amp and will i have 2 rewire the entire car because i still have stock speakers in the door and i planned on leaving them for now? what should I do much help would be very appreciated.
Clearly the shop didn't do the best job of matching speakers for your Monsoon. But, it is not important to get 2 ohm speakers. I would guess they picked out speakers that were too "big" for the stock system.

A new head unit will take care o f the distortion problem. The Monsoon HU is notorious for this.

Sounds like you like a lot of thump, my advice is to do your homework, figure out what you want, and build an entirely new sound system.