Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring guages into Headlight switch

Old 11-26-2005, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wiring guages into Headlight switch

I just recently installed some guages an have them wired around a fuse right now. They come on when I start the car but I was wantin to wire them into the headlight switch that way the light will only come on when I turn my lights on. Can anyone help me out here.

Thanks
Justin
Old 11-26-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll be doing the same thing in a few weeks. I was going to hook-up with the dimmer wire, so they come on with the lights, but you can turn em off completely if you want. I remember someone saying it is the tan wire in the radio harness...not 100% sure tho.

Here ya go: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....1&postcount=10
Old 11-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Banned

i have done this with my A- piller gauges. It works great, you han even adjust the dimmness with it. if youy have any questions feel free to pm me.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive done this as well. I dont remember exactly what wire it was. The easiest way is to use a test light. When you turn the parking lights on..what wire is hot. I dont remember what color it was though. But ive had it done for about 6 months now..with no problems.

Search this Thread