Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Security for a Stripper?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security for a Stripper?

I have a stripper Z28 therefor meaning no power locks, windows, or anything for the most part and I am wondering what I can do to "secure" it. My iPod is always hooked up in my car, I just bought a V1, and my car is my baby so I dont want her stolen. Any help would be great!
Old 11-30-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey your title kinda fooled me
Old 11-30-2005, 09:55 PM
...with cheese.

same here, I was going to suggest pepper spray
Old 12-01-2005, 08:35 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Alarm systems don't depend on power locks and windows, etc. - those are just nice extra features. You can install an alarm system in your car without having the power accessories. The other alarm features such as starter disable, GPS tracking, remote paging, etc. will work fine so just shop around for the one with the features you want and have it installed.

Bear in mind that no alarm system will prevent a pro from getting your car. It won't even stop the smash-and-grab thieves that might make off with your ipod or radar detector because they'll be gone before anyone pays any attention to the alarm going. All alarms are really good for is deterring joy riders and perhaps getting the others to pick on a less protected car just to avoid the hassle of the alarm going off.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Josh_101
Hey your title kinda fooled me
yeah me too =(
Old 12-04-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You could always go 'RETRO'. Install an 8-track, cover the dash with **** carpet, and install tie-dyed seat covers. Don't forget the fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror.

The would-be crooks will be laughing too hard to mess with your ride. lol

Cheers.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I think id have to smash I window or two if I ever seen a camaro with **** carpeting and tie-die seat covers. Stand there while the alarms going off, then beat the ever living **** out of the hippie that comes out of starbucks still dawning his morning buz and a frothy mocha mustache wondering why his cars alarms going off.

Kidding, never mess with a mans car.