Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Adding Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adding Keyless Entry

My 02 B4C did not come with Keyless and I wanted to add the factory set up. My search on here has shown that I need a new BCM and remotes. Is it plug and play?

Thanks!
Kevin
Old 12-16-2005, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

save your self the troble and money and go to any stero shop and get an aftermarket keyless. they are cheep. and maby spend some more $$$ and upgrade to an alarm...
Old 12-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

I believe if you get a brand new BCM, once you key the vehicle on for the first time it is matched to your passkey resistance. If you get a used BCM, you have to bypass VATS.

I added factory keyless to my firebird (and alarm), there used to be a guy on ebay selling BCM's with remotes. You sent him the resistance of your Key and he programmed the BCM for it before shipping it to you. That was plug and play for me. Don't know if they guy is still around and selling the BCMs though. Cost me like $100.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2002B4CCamaro
My 02 B4C did not come with Keyless and I wanted to add the factory set up. My search on here has shown that I need a new BCM and remotes. Is it plug and play?

Thanks!
Kevin

I would get an aftermarket alarm.
It will probably be cheaper going this route (mainly because youll have to buy the factory keyless at the stealership)