Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

anyone using sirius...with antenna under hood

Old 12-27-2005, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone using sirius...with antenna under hood

Just curious if anyone else was, I read a thread awhile back about people running there antenna under the hood aslong as it was fiberglass. Mine seems to work decent but I get a little static when I'm driving, could I be picking up some enging noises? I don't want to run the antenna by the window, anywere else that people are putting them.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're using an FM modulator the static could be from a radio station that uses a frequency on or close to what you have your radio set to, to hear the sirius, might want to change frequencys to see (I'm assuming it has several to choose from)
If the hood is fiberglass it shouldn't obstruct the signal
Old 12-28-2005, 08:36 AM
TECH Resident

Its picking up static from somewhere becasue I put the same one in the wifes car and it works fine, her antenna is on the roof. Guess I'm going to have to put the antenna in the front of the dash by the window, don't want too but I don't like the static.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you open up your trunk near your rear tail lights you will see 2 flat pieces of metal jutting out on eithor side, put it on top of one of these, works great.

Search this Thread