Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Infinity 62.7 Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Infinity 62.7 Install Help

I was reading the post on front speaker replacement. I want to install the infinity 62.7i speakers in the door. I checked on cruthchfield and they state that they don't fit our cars 2001 SS. Has anyone installed the speakers if so did it fit without any mods. Thanks

Last edited by scrmnss; 01-09-2006 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Teching In

help ttt
Old 01-11-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They will fit fine. Other folks have used them. You'll want to mod them so you can wire the tweeter and woofer seperately as in the stock speaker. IF you need detailed instruction on how to do this, just ask. Maybe someone can post them. I replaced my doors with the Alpine SPS-170A's. So, I'm not up to speed on the modding the 62.7's.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

for door use u will have 0 probems. the reason that most companies say that 6 1/2" speakers dont work is because our cars use oversized 6 1/2's.... the rear sail panels will need new holes to make them work.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

I just installed them last week. They fit without any problems. Wire them just like stock. You don't need the crossovers that came with them either. Just cut off about 8 inches of each of the crossover wires (the side that hooks to the speaker) Disconnect the stock speakers from the harness, then cut the stock wires on the SPEAKER SIDE of the harness. Make SURE to look and see which wires run to the tweet and which to the sub PRIOR to cutting them. Then wire in the pieces you cut off the crossover wires in, plug the harness back in & you're good to go! I hope this makes sence?! Feel free to PM me if it doesn't!
Old 01-11-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

or you could go to a best buy, and buy 6.5 chrysler speaker adapters and drill new holes. Or if you buy a set of alpines, they come with the adapters
Old 01-11-2006, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FL01SS
I just installed them last week. They fit without any problems. Wire them just like stock. You don't need the crossovers that came with them either. Just cut off about 8 inches of each of the crossover wires (the side that hooks to the speaker) Disconnect the stock speakers from the harness, then cut the stock wires on the SPEAKER SIDE of the harness. Make SURE to look and see which wires run to the tweet and which to the sub PRIOR to cutting them. Then wire in the pieces you cut off the crossover wires in, plug the harness back in & you're good to go! I hope this makes sence?! Feel free to PM me if it doesn't!
I'm pretty sure it's a good idea to use the crossovers on the tweeters. The woofer's are crossed inside the Monsoon amplifier.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:38 PM
12 Second Club

The 62.7i does not require any type of modification at all, they are set up just like the factory speakers and even have seperate inputs for tweeter and bass just the same as the stock ones. They fit perfect. I used the Infinty crossover on the tweeter side only, but may not have been required. If I remember right, the short set of wires are to the bass and the long set is for the tweeters.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

Here are some pics to show the stock Z28 speakers and the Infinity 62.7i.

Shows the stock Z28 speaker under the Infinity to show size, they look rounder compared to the stock one, but they fit perfect.

[IMG]

Shows the dual connections just like the stock ones.

They are the same height.