Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

new speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new speakers

i am looking at changing out my stock speakers for after market speakers. i have the crappy speakers, i dont have the monsoon so therefore i do NOT have the factory amp or the rear hatch speakers located in the very back. so all of my speakers, door and sail panel next to back seat, are wired directly to my head unit, which is an after market alpine that was like $350 so its a good HU. I want to replace all 4 of my speakers and put in a sub, 10'' solo baric L7 that i already own, i need to buy 4 speaker, 2 for the doors and 2 for the sail panels. my question is this, in a system like this solely running off the HU, what speakers should i get, and do i just directly plug them in since its solely off the HU i would think i only have 2 wires running off each speaker since i dont have the stock monsoon amp? I read all the sticky posts and they did not help because they were for the monsoon system, unfortunately i got the shaft with my crappy 4 speaker system. so what speakers are good for this, should i get all 4 speakers the exact same since i will be installing a solo baric which will be more than enough bass. i was thinking about getting 4 identical 6.5'' speakers in the doors and sail panels that have a mid along with a tweeter attached to the speaker, but will the tweeter stick out to much not allowing me to put the stock grille's back on? please help me... also i will not be running these speakers off an amp, only the sub will run off an amp.