Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speakers coming in and out?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers coming in and out?

I repositioned my tweater the other day, and also fixed a break light that was out. So I moved the tweaters, and had to take off the amp board that holds the amp and attaches to the back of the car (in order to get to the tail light). Now when I hit bumps, my right front speakers sound staticy and fade in and out. Bad connection I guess, but I don't see where it would be coming from. I jiggled the wires and tapped the tweaters/speakers/crossovers with my hand, and couldn't reproduce the problem.

I haven't looked at the amp yet, but I don't understand why that would be the problem.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TtamNedlog
I repositioned my tweater the other day, and also fixed a break light that was out. So I moved the tweaters, and had to take off the amp board that holds the amp and attaches to the back of the car (in order to get to the tail light). Now when I hit bumps, my right front speakers sound staticy and fade in and out. Bad connection I guess, but I don't see where it would be coming from. I jiggled the wires and tapped the tweaters/speakers/crossovers with my hand, and couldn't reproduce the problem.

I haven't looked at the amp yet, but I don't understand why that would be the problem.
The problem is in the wiring near your amplifier.