Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kind of a weird question about car alarms

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kind of a weird question about car alarms

I'm looking to get a real high-end car alarm to protect my car as this car is my pride and joy, and I've already had a truck stolen from me. Being that I'm in Arizona for most of the year, remote starting capabilities seem really attractive to me.

The problem has to do with my cam. My girlfriend has a Chevy Malibu Max with factory remote start, and it starts the car with the doors locked/alarm on. She then has to press the button to unlock the doors and turn of the alarm when she wants to get in. My car has a big cam in it though and the car vibrates at idle, and it even rocks with the lope of the car. Are there any alarms out there that allow you to turn off the shock sensor when the remote start is enabled, thus preventing my cam from setting off my alarm?
Old 01-24-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i got a tr224 cam and i have remote start on my clifford matrix rsx 3.5. i have a proximity sensor as well and it doesnt go off when i remote start it with the alarm on.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Launching!

Most systems have adjustable shock sensors and/or you can simply bypass them if you found it necessary.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Teching In

i have a python 881 xp on my chevy truck i found out that the shock sensor is disabled when you remote start it so do vipers the only way they will go off is if you open the door the doorpin will trigger the alarm, not all alarms are like that prestige and audiovox do not bypass the shock sensor and they might go off with your cam i would stick with one from dei