Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

AMP not receiving sound

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default AMP not receiving sound

Alright here's the problem, I'm installing a aftermarket head unit and aftermarket amp/sub set up on a 2000 M6 T/A for a friend (i'm no audio expert but am willing to take the task) i installed the wires with the new harness and ran the wires to the amp and all of that stuff. We go to turn on the car and the amp turn's on saying it has power and the head unit turns on and starts playing music, BUT only threw the factory speakers (doors and sail panels) but like the subwoofer only pulses a few times then mellows out and dosnt move or anything. oh and the antenna dosnt go up anymore (power antenna) but he can still listen to the radio and cd's threw the factory speakers except for the amp/sub set up. could it be wiring behind the headunit that needs to be spliced or something to get sounds to go to the amp or what? in need of help BIG time! tried to search but since alot of the old archived files were snipped nothing really came up helping, thanks for everyone's help!!
Old 01-28-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

oh yeah i'd like to also add, that all of this stuff came off of my Camaro 2000 A4 so maybe the wireing is different?
Old 01-29-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

ttt, please help!!
Old 01-29-2006, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a problem similiar to that, not sure it's the same, but here it goes. I had a pinched remote wire (amp turn on). Got pinched when my "buddy" bolted the seat back down. The sub and amp would make noise then not. And the capper, the power antenna would not work. Took a little while to figure it out, and pull the seats again and remove the trim again, and flip the carpet again, and........... You get the point. Not sure if it's your problem, but I hope it helps.