Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problem with radio and speakers HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 01:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with radio and speakers HELP

Ok 1st of all i know not much about this stuff but decide just follow the instructions....what the hell. Ok , I installed a Panasonic CQ-C8400U deck with Kicker componets in the front and kickers in the rear as well. I have 1 single 10 Alpine type r sub in the rear. The amp for the sub is a Kicker single channel 350W and the one powering the 4 door speakers is a kicker 650W multichannel amp. Rca's for all the speakers from the radio to the amps. Stinger brand.
That is all the equiptment.

Now the problem.

Ok when I turn on the radio I hear the pop. Also when I change from radio to CD player it does the same as well, almost like a thumping coming from the speakers. But once the music is playing its ok. Then when I turn the car off and open the door the radio turns off(normal) and then that POP again from the speakers.

What did I do wrong or what type of equiptment am I missing? Any help would be great.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im assuming u rewired the car but check your remote wire make sure your using the blue/white, an easy way you can check to see whats poping is unplugg the rcas from your sub amp that will let you know if its your lows or highs once you figure out which one it is double check your wiring bad rcas can also cause pops like that