Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New stereo setup, critiques please

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New stereo setup, critiques please

I put in a pioneer AVID-N2 head unit, i'm getting 4 MB quart 6.5" RCE 26 reference components for the doors and rear seat. I am probably gonna get rid of the hatch ones. Putting in audio control line driver. I am debating on the rocford fosgate P4004 amp for the speakers, or the orion 4004. I've been out of the loop for years but Orion used to be one of the best how is this setup sound. Oh and for the sub I have a JL 12" and think it's an eclipse amp. Thanks guys.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

sounds good but from what i've heard orion has gone down hill since they stopped building their products in the USA. But I've been looking at the new eclipse amps Eclipse Amps they look awsome and work just as good.

What box/sub do you have? 12W3?

Where are the pics?
Old 02-05-2006, 04:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Two of my favorite brands.
Pioneer and MB Quart

I would stick with the fosgate amp because I will have better sound quality compared to the Orion.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ahh too late I already bought the orion amps. I talked to a stereo shop and even though she does not sell them I figured she would give me honest opinion and she said rockford has gone to crap. Wish I could afford some JL amps but for the price I got the orions. I'll get some install pics. Oh another question I have in another post but nobody answered. My head unit has 3 RCA outputs (front, rear, and subs) I want to use an audio control EQ but it has one RCA input and one output, how would I make this work, thought to use a crossover but isn't that for after the EQ?
Old 02-05-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...Product_ID=216
This powers my MB Quarts and my JL sub.

Nice setup, please post some pics!

edit: sorry, did not see you just got an amp.