Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!

Ok, i know there are quite a few threads like this, but this one is more specific. I have a 2000 SS with the all stock monsoon system. What would be the best ALPINE speakers to use to replace the door and back seat speakers?
Then, what would be the best subwoofer setup if i wanted to keep my ttop storage? Is it possible to get a small sub box and set right behind the back seat in that higher part of the trunk, cause i would like to keep my disc changer too.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

Well the best as far as types of speakers would be components up front and coaxs in the rear. As far as the best for up front the "best" Alpine would be the F1 series, but they are well over $1000. The best realistic option would be to get either the type-x or type-r components up front. And for the rear the type-s would be fine, or the type-r if you want a little more from the rear. You could make something that would fit right behind the rear seats fo rthe subs, but it will block your view and will be rather small. May be better off getting a t-top box from subthump or doing something custom on the pass side rear where the spare is. Hope this helps.
Brad
Old 02-07-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using the subthump boxes in my hatch and still have my TTop storage. I am using the driver and passenger side stealth boxes with Alpine Type-S 10" Subs. The part number for the subs is SWS-1022D and got them for $144/pair before shipping. I am powering them with a MTX6500D (610Wrms) x1 into 2 Ohms. This sounds really good and hit as well. The disc changer can be mounted on the rear wall of the hatch area along with the amp. If you need anymore info, I can get pics. For the front speakers, the Alpines would be nice. I have the Infinity 6005cs and they sound decent. The midbass is a little weaker than I wanted.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spineshank95
Well the best as far as types of speakers would be components up front and coaxs in the rear. As far as the best for up front the "best" Alpine would be the F1 series, but they are well over $1000. The best realistic option would be to get either the type-x or type-r components up front. And for the rear the type-s would be fine, or the type-r if you want a little more from the rear. You could make something that would fit right behind the rear seats fo rthe subs, but it will block your view and will be rather small. May be better off getting a t-top box from subthump or doing something custom on the pass side rear where the spare is. Hope this helps.
Brad
F1, Type-X, Type-R??? Not if he's keeping the Monsoon head and amp. First it's too much money to spend. Second, the stock amp does not put out enough power to really make the best use it.

I'd stay with the Type-S speakers. I have the SPS-170A's in the doors and they work great for Monsoon replacements. With a low-end freq response of 35Hz, it would not be a bad choice for the sails. And I like the SPS-100A's in the rear hatch.

IF you really want a dedicated sub-woofer, your best bet is to go with a power tube sub from Bazooka. You will not be able to run a conventional sub without a dedicate amplifier anyway.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's how to wire the Alpines for the doors:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/397043-highly-detailed-instructions-sps-170as-camaro.html