Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Something is wierd. My car has no tweeters!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something is wierd. My car has no tweeters!

Anyway im replacing my front speakers and i took the door panel off there are no tweeters! there is a blue connector with a tan wire and another wire connected to the connector and the connector is just hanging there. I bought the car used so im assuming the previous owner did have some speakers in it, but what are my options? what should i do?
Old 02-11-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your car is ruined and you should sell it to me for practicaly nothing!
What are you wanting to do? Did it have the monsoon package? Are you just looking for stock speakers or to upgrade?
Old 02-11-2006, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

eh, well if i'm not mistaken, all the cars have the wiring for the "monsoon" system but if u ain't got it, u well have cool little wires with no homes i could b wrong, but hell i could b right also :-) anyway that's my thought
Old 02-11-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well my other door had a tweeter in it. i guess i will just leave the driver's side tweeter out, i dont think it will make much difference.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Okie02
Anyway im replacing my front speakers and i took the door panel off there are no tweeters! there is a blue connector with a tan wire and another wire connected to the connector and the connector is just hanging there. I bought the car used so im assuming the previous owner did have some speakers in it, but what are my options? what should i do?

Well you went this long without noticing a difference in sound I would just keep listening to it until there is a need to replace them.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

if you get 2-way speakers then there is alrady a tweeter in them so you don't need to hook up your tweeters anyway. but 2muchricemakesmesick is right why replace them before you have to. you hav'nt noticed so far.